News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[ENDED GAME] Bridgewater-Brunel no. 1 - Great Britain sized map (no. 2)

Started by jamespetts, December 05, 2017, 09:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Quote from: nuhgl on April 26, 2018, 07:37:23 PM
I am also trying to connect to server and I get Server did not respond.
It takes a little bit to restart. When you connect it will crash with an out of bounds error a few seconds in.

DrSuperGood

jamespetts

I have now fixed this - this should be working again from the next nightly build. Thank you very much for the reports, and apologies for the trouble.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Index out of bounds crash. Index 33 not in range 0...32. Seems to occur in ~1 minute after the game resumes. Appears to be crashing the server as well.

Also would it be possible to merge in the balance changes up to 1970?

jamespetts

My apologies for the difficulties. I have now fixed the crash and incorporated your balancing changes up to 1870 and am running a manual recompile on the server now, so this should be working again shortly.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

nuhgl

Is server down?
I get no server response atm.

jamespetts

The main server is not down, but the listing server is. Until the listing server is fixed, you can connect manually by opening the load game dialogue and typing, "net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk".

Ves

I have attempted to log onto the server multiple times both today and yesterday using the load savegame dialog, but without luck. It quite quickly returns the message "Could not connect to bridgewater-brunel.me.uk"

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. There seems to have been a corrupt saved game. I have restored from the latest backup and am in the process of restarting now.

nuhgl

jamespetts

You posted at just around the time that the rebuild would have been occurring, I think, so you might want to try updating your version and trying again.

Ves

Rollmaterial, now I got kicked and server seems unrespondable  :P
But now its possible to get in again!

DrSuperGood

Something appears to have happened to the nightly build. Usually it is available at this time. Instead there is no hash file and the server appears down.

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know. The update process seems to have been interrupted. I have re-run the update process manually, and this now seems to be working.

Rollmaterial

Looks like the server is down.
Edit: Up and running again.

Rollmaterial

jamespetts

It seems to be running again now. Can anyone give any insight into the circumstances in which the server crashes so that I might be able to reproduce these circumstances?

Rollmaterial

They happen when transferrìng the save during connection to the server aborts due to the connection breaking.

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on May 13, 2018, 11:04:52 PM
They happen when transferrìng the save during connection to the server aborts due to the connection breaking.

I am not sure that I fully understand - what do you mean when you refer to the server aborting due to the connexion breaking? If a client disconnects during a transfer, I do not think that that crashes the server.

Rollmaterial

I was trying to connect to the server and during the transfer stage my internet access was interrupted, so my attempt to connect failed. Afterwards, the server remained unresponsive for sometimes over 30 minutes.

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on May 14, 2018, 10:18:03 AM
I was trying to connect to the server and during the transfer stage my internet access was interrupted, so my attempt to connect failed. Afterwards, the server remained unresponsive for sometimes over 30 minutes.

Can anyone confirm whether they have had any similar experiences? It may be that the server is waiting for the client and perhaps needs a shorter timeout set somewhere. Does anyone know whether this is any different with Standard?

Ves

No I have not had that issue ever, but I generally dont have any issues with the internet.
However, the server appears to be down at the moment.

jamespetts

It appears to be unable to start, usually caused by an interruption during the build process.

I am now rebuilding the server manually, which involves using the latest code, which includes the OTRP which has now been incorporated. Once the rebuild has completed, you will need to update your version of the code and pakset to join the server.

Ves

jamespetts

Excellent. The server should now be running again.

Ves

The servergame freezed and is now unjoinable, ie not responding.
edit: Running again!

Junna

Ouch, looks like some bridges of Bay Transport were mothballed and interrupted most of the network.

DrSuperGood

Server game just froze at end of month (start of new month). Forcing the client to advance to that state also resulted in it freezing. Appears to be symptomatic of an infinite loop somewhere. Possibly the result of removing company assets as several of the abandoned companies are going in solvent. Do not know if it is recreateable at the moment.

jamespetts

I will not have time to look into this until this evening - I should be grateful for an update by then on whether it has resolved itself or not.

Junna

Yeah, I can confirm that it freezes on month end (October > November), I saved the game locally and fixed some, but it doesn't seem necessarily related to the infrastructure. It still freezes and enters infinite loop.

DrSuperGood

It progressed beyond that point, however it then froze randomly mid month...

Can we make the autosave period every 15 minutes or so? I am losing a ton of progress on the server game as a result of these freezes...

Junna

It reverted by 30-in game minutes after the server went unresponsive (saving the game and loading it result in a crash to desktop without error message or freeze).

Edit: Crashes now in November 1874 with index out of bounds error.

Speedbus

Quote from: Junna on June 07, 2018, 01:47:40 PMEdit: Crashes now in November 1874 with index out of bounds error.

Confirmed, cf. attachment

jamespetts

My apologies for the trouble: I have now fixed the index out of bounds error: this was related to the new overtaking features.

As to autosaving, it is set to autosave every 1 hour (if nobody has joined and caused an earlier load/save cycle more recently than an hour). I doubt that 15 minute interval autosaves will be practical, since it will excessively interrupt gameplay with long load/save cycles too frequently.

DrSuperGood

As the listing server is down at the moment it is a good time to mention how to join it without the listing server. In the multiplayer menu paste the following...

bridgewater-brunel.me.uk:13353

And hit search. If the server is running it will load details and you can join. Also apparently works from the save/load menu for some reason...

I suggest mentioning this in the opening post. It is hinted but I do not think that helps anyone who has not studied how networks work.