News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[ENDED GAME] Bridgewater-Brunel no. 1 - Great Britain sized map (no. 2)

Started by jamespetts, December 05, 2017, 09:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

In the multiplayer menu, it is not necessary to specify the port, it will also find the server by simply typing bridgewater-brunel.me.uk.

jamespetts

Thank you for the suggestion: I have now added this to the first post. Incidentally, as the server uses the default port number, it is not necessary to type the port number.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Looks like I'm having troubles with the server that hosts the listing. It's my backup server, and cpanel isn't removing old backups. Meanwhile, I suspect the disk is full again. I may have to rebuild it, but checking with Vladki first to see if he needs access to files before I rebuild the server.

jamespetts

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on June 11, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
Looks like I'm having troubles with the server that hosts the listing. It's my backup server, and cpanel isn't removing old backups. Meanwhile, I suspect the disk is full again. I may have to rebuild it, but checking with Vladki first to see if he needs access to files before I rebuild the server.

Thank you for the update, and for hosting - that is most helpful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Warning, all lines that are functioning with absolute block signalling system are broken at the moment due to some bug in the last nightly. This is especially important for small companies as you will likely go broke if people play too much. After the bug is confirmed fixed you will need to manually fix all your lines as trains may be stuck in junctions or overlapping each other.

For example Ves's company will be broke (negative money in bank) in 1 month. This is quite bad because his company is massive.

Ves

Would it not be possible to temporarily pause the server until the bug is fixed? I don't have time to often go online and fix the deadlocks. And yes, I'm on the edge of being broke! ?

Junna

DrSuperGood

Seems fixed in the current nightly. I recommend people login and manually fix all their lines as soon as possible.

I recommend that everyone build up enough money in reserve that they can survive at least 2 years of operation without any revenue.

Ves

Quote from: DrSuperGood on June 12, 2018, 12:28:24 AM
I recommend that everyone build up enough money in reserve that they can survive at least 2 years of operation without any revenue.

Trying....

DrSuperGood

Server appears down. Someone tried to join and it never resumed there after.

jamespetts

DrSuperGood

Ves your company will default in under an ingame year. If you want help preventing this from happening feel free to PM me your company password and I will see what I can do. I cannot make any promises but it would be shame to see all the effort you spent be lost.

Junna

rip Ves company.

There's a critical crash now, one of those tpl out of bounds once again, reverted server.

jamespetts

I am not able to reproduce this crash, I am afraid - is it still reproducible on the server?

Ves

So, it went the way it did :P

Starting over now with a new company!

edit:
And btw, for anyone interrested in starting on the server, there are hell of a bunch of unused tracks now which can just be purchased!  :thumbsup:

Junna

The crash was caused when Bay Transport attempted to fix Crandon and Lakes stuck trains by temporarily revoking access rights, but it reverted after the crash and it was fine. Rollmaterial fixed his jams today, so it is working better now.

DrSuperGood

I have made a pull request for more balance changes. These balance changes effect everything in Pak128 Britain Extended, meaning that there should be no further worries of running out of useful vehicles. If the vehicles are entirely useful is another question...

Junna

By the way, earlier today it crashed and resetted when I tried to use the plant random tree tool. Can anyone else reproduce that?

DrSuperGood

Avoid planting trees, it bloats the save file size and memory usage.

Junna

DrSuperGood

Well it might if you cover the entire map with trees due to the increased memory usage. However you are right that 1-2 trees should not cause a crash.

Can you reproduce this in any way? If so file a bug report.

Junna

Whoever is playing Arlspike seem to have some... issues. Rather than abandon their company and remove the password, they spent like 15 million just to demolish all their things and closed all their lines and operations over the course of endless hour meticulously demolished all their thousands of stops, including removing landscaping... lol

DrSuperGood

In the process of doing that they dropped my revenue ~100,000 per month from all the traffic they were generating with me lol.

DrSuperGood

Server just crashed a few minutes before this post was made. Unsure of cause.

DrSuperGood

Server just crashed with 3 players on it. All clients crashed immediately after they disconnected.

I removed a signal box that controlled an intersection while a train was going through it. The train went very slowly by where a signal used to be for several tiles before the crash. I am unsure if this was the cause as I do not know what other players were doing at the time.

jamespetts

If anyone is able to give sufficient information to allow this to be reproduced reliably, I should be most grateful. I am afraid that there is no way that I can reproduce the crash from the above description unless removing any signalbox always causes a crash.

DrSuperGood

I am aware that the chance of finding the cause for such a crash is slim from what I wrote. The reason I log each one I encounter is in case some kind of pattern can be discovered which might eventually lead to the discovery of the cause.

DrSuperGood

Server is down at the time of posting. Not sure what caused it as I just went to join it.

jamespetts

My apologies for this - there seems to have been a corrupted saved game. I have now restored from the backup and the server should be back online shortly.

DrSuperGood

Client with server version mismatch. The server is not running the latest deployed nightly build (the one my updater is fetching). I am guessing it is still running the previous nightly.

jamespetts

The nightly build process must have been interrupted or similar. I have now re-run this process manually, and the versions now seem to be correct. Apologies for the trouble.

DrSuperGood

Server appears down now for an extended period (~6 hours at time of posting).

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - this has now been fixed. The problem was a compile error that only affected command line server builds.

ACarlotti

Oops, a missed translation slipped through my checks. That's the problem with transferring pre-translation changes onto a post-translation codebase; usually I pick them up when my local build fails.

DrSuperGood

Server appears down now for an extended period (~6 hours at time of posting). Possibly similar issue to before as it was meant to restart with nightly but instead never restarted.