News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

How do I get industry to produce?

Started by accord2, December 17, 2017, 05:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

I've tried this in all versions and nothing works good. I build a line between two industries but the starting point produces nothing! How does this work? Thanks in advance.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

accord2

So after trying, to transport coal I need a coal tower in station... But I still don't get it  ;D

jamespetts

The answer depends on what sort of industry that it is and what you are connecting it to. An industry needs:

(1) (if applicable) sufficient supplies of input goods;
(2) (if applicable) demand from downstream industries (i.e., they are not full and do not have more than enough product already on its way); and
(3) enough staff (commuting passengers).

Additionally, in order to consume, consumer industries (other than power stations or those with a zero visitor demand) need visiting passengers.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

Quote from: jamespetts on December 17, 2017, 07:38:19 PM

(3) enough staff (commuting passengers).

I can't "fix" this. It's 1880 and industries are too far away from towns... Any tips?

zook2

- To transport any cargo, you need a station building on both ends that accepts/stores cargo (for the purpose of stations accepting stuff, there are only the three categories passengers, mail and cargo). It doesn't have to be a coal tower. For example, a cargo hold (I forgot the actual name) on a road next to a railway station will allow you to unload any cargo from trucks, but also trains.

The two industries must be linked, i.e. the actual consumer must show up in the list of linked industries at the producer (the companies that the coal mine "has a contract with").

zook2

Quote from: accord2 on December 17, 2017, 09:13:53 PM
I can't "fix" this. It's 1880 and industries are too far away from towns... Any tips?

In that case you have to organize a new passenger route from a nearby town to the industry.