News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Nightly exe + pakset (as of 21/12) crashes on startup

Started by Ves, December 21, 2017, 07:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Todays nightly crashes for me when I attempt to start the game with the current nightly pakset.
Trying an older release on todays pakset, as well as open an older pakset with todays release, creates no issues.

Compiling my own version crashes as well when opening todays downloaded pakset, and the debug stuff talks about simpeople.cc. I notice that you have added animated pedestrians to Extended, perhaps something with that?
The Swedish nightly pakset opens fine.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - the problem was indeed with the pedestrians. I have just pushed a fix for this, and am restarting the Bridgewater-Brunel server with this now.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

The server still appears to want the old build, both pakset and exe. I get mismatch error in the "Play online" window.

jamespetts

I am just trying to restart it now; can you let me know if you can get in in about 10 minutes' time? Thank you.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Server is back up again but it is impossible to remain in sync with it. As soon as the server resumes one is instantly disconnected.

Ves

Now the server indeed appears to be accessed!
Now await just the infinite pause-waiting :P

edit:
Confirm DrSuperGoods observation that its desyncing immedieately

jamespetts

I suspect that this might be as a result of the uninitialised variable issues that I found with Valgrind earlier, some of which had been introduced by the pedestrian code. I will force the server to update to what would have been to-morrow's nightly build forthwith and see whether that fixes the issue.

Apologies for the trouble.

Edit: Now restarted - you will need to download the latest version in order to be able to connect.

DrSuperGood

jamespetts