News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Pak192.Comic 0.5

Started by Flemmbrav, December 24, 2017, 04:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flemmbrav

After 2 years without a proper release, we finally got together, what we will call a 0.5.

It includes new features as half heights, a narrowgauge tram and different looking climates.

But there are also updated Buildings, Stations, Trains, Trams, Trucks and Busses.

And finally we get to publish the sources!

Everything is under CC-BY-SA 3.0

Pakset isn't compatible to 0.4 versions. Sorry for that, just keep your old paksets on your computer.

Downloads:
Pakset
Theme
Sources

Leartins notes:
1) There are only 3 climates actively developed so far, those are Western, Continental and Alpine (temperate, tundra, rocky) - other climates are lacking in city development. If you got cities in those climates, you might want to use the climate tools as public player to switch to a more developed climate. Most factories are not affected.
2) Since we realized our ideas for narrowgauge and trams overlapped quite a bit (reduced speed, steep slopes) this new version internally switched narrowgauge and normal gauge. This means all train addons from previous versions will show up in the narrowgauge depot, and vice versa.
3) Due to aforementioned switch, we created translations for some of the base texts mentioning tracks and narrowgauge. However, those exist only in German and English, so if you play in any other language, be aware that standard gauge and narrow gauge will have their meaning switched.

Asdfe

Looks great! Glad to see that the source is getting a release too.
How do you know what you would know if only you knew what you don't know now?

fam621

Will this be compatible with Simutrans Extended?

Flemmbrav

i failed to start it with extend. Not sure about the reason tho. May just be me not installing extended properly, or our pakset just not beeing ready for it. Either way I'ld be glad to have someone implementing extend features in our Pak.

jamespetts

This pakset is happily now open source, so one could easily compile it with makeobj-extended, and, if one had the time, add all the various Extended parameters to all of the objects.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! What a nice gift. :)

Yona-TYT

Without words, just beautiful !!, a million thanks leartin and Flemmbrav !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigliettiperfavore

Great! Really looking forward to this! Screenshots look stunning.

Emil Sawicki

This set is so impressive! I love the idea of narrow gauge line running through city centre, like in the very first post of this thread.

Simutrans 123, Windows 10

Leartin

Some additional information (added in the first post as well) for those who might get confused:

1) There are only 3 climates actively developed so far, those are Western, Continental and Alpine (temperate, tundra, rocky) - other climates are lacking in city development. If you got cities in those climates, you might want to use the climate tools as public player to switch to a more developed climate. Most factories are not affected.

2) Since we realized our ideas for narrowgauge and trams overlapped quite a bit (reduced speed, steep slopes) this new version internally switched narrowgauge and normal gauge. This means all train addons from previous versions will show up in the narrowgauge depot, and vice versa.

3) Due to aforementioned switch, we created translations for some of the base texts mentioning tracks and narrowgauge. However, those exist only in German and English, so if you play in any other language, be aware that standard gauge and narrow gauge will have their meaning switched.

Bassem_90

Hi how can I play this version, what program I should use to activate ?

Leartin

Quote from: Bassem_90 on December 26, 2017, 09:10:23 AM
Hi how can I play this version, what program I should use to activate ?

Simutrans Standard, either the latest stable (120.2.2) or any newer nightly.

Bassem_90

Thank you so much it worked very well . very nice version merry Christmas ??

An_dz

There are merge conflicts in /buildings/factories/Molkerei.dat and /vehicles/citycar/citycar.dat on the source package.

Flemmbrav

could you explain taht to me? i don't understand what you want to say with that, sorry

An_dz

The package that you offer with the pakset sources. The two indicated files contain code from merge conflicts that SVN add to show the conflict between what you have versus what's on trunk. Just look for <<<<<<< .mine in those files.

There are also other invalid strings, like retire_year2047 in /vehicles/air/A380-800.dat.