News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Extended user dir

Started by Frank, January 02, 2018, 05:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Would not it be better if Extended also saved in its own user directory?

Apparently currently [user]/simutrans is used.

jamespetts

Do the settings/files conflict with those from Standard? If so, then this might be a sensible idea, but I will not be able to look into this until I get home next week.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Frank

Well, the screenshot files have names of the form simscr [number]. Since these do not contain a title line, it is no longer so easy to detect whether a screenshot comes from Standard or Extended.

In addition to the settings files, I'm not sure how far temp-load.sve could cause problems.

jamespetts

I should perhaps look into this when I have a moment, in that case. In the meantime, does anyone else have any views on this?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Would also be nice if the bundled zip used the file name "Simutrans Extended" rather than "simutrans" as that also conflicts with standard.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 03, 2018, 12:49:36 AM
Would also be nice if the bundled zip used the file name "Simutrans Extended" rather than "simutrans" as that also conflicts with standard.

Are you referring to the name of the executable? It is called "simutrans-extended" (on Linux) or "Simutrans-Extended.exe" (on Windows), is it not?

DrSuperGood

QuoteAre you referring to the name of the executable?
I am referring to the root folder in the zip file, the folder that contains the executable.

In Windows it looks like...
...\Simutrans-Extended-Complete.zip\simutrans

jamespetts

Ah, I see. I should perhaps look into this, too, when I have a moment.