News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Missing double height graphics for docks

Started by DrSuperGood, January 18, 2018, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Dock buildings, at least in the 1750s, are missing graphics for seamless double height interaction. This applies to at least the passenger dock available in the 1750s, but almost certainly effects other docks.

They currently only have graphics for a double height ramp. If one places them on a single height ramp, which one can do and is encouraged to do as coasts are usually single height, then it appears that they float above it in an ugly way since the art is intended to match the double height ramp.

Here is the art file for the dock I am referring to. It seems the other docks also are missing the required single height ramp graphics.

My theory is that new double height graphics were not made during the double height transition due to an oversight. The current graphics match the double height ramp because that is graphically the same as the old ramp, which the docks were designed for.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I have to say that I have not made dock graphics before, so am unsure as to how to align them properly for half heights. Does anyone have any guidance on this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Now we can have flat land at the same height as sea my plan was to remove the sloped docks entirely. This would also allow players to build jetties/piers by building out land into the sea and building stations on the flat land. I did a proof of concept a few years ago but got no further with it. I'll look into it again when I get round to balancing ships for pak128.Britain.

DrSuperGood

One cannot make flat land from water easily or reliably in experimental. James removed the climate tools for companies.

AP

There does need to be a flat port created; the Canterbury server game has many lakes with entirely level shores. To build a dock in such a situation requires either making an arbitrary hill, or an arbitrary canal.

DrSuperGood

Except we still need ocean docks which require being built on slopes... Unless we have access to the climate tools that is.

jamespetts

There is no reason to remove the existing docks when flat docks are added.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.