News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Terminal stops with drive by sight

Started by DrSuperGood, February 22, 2018, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

How does one setup a terminal stop with drive by sight? In Simutrans Standard one uses choose signals, or other types of signal before entering the terminal points block to prevent blocking the terminal points. However there are no such signals when running in drive by sight mode meaning the convoys think nothing of blocking the terminal's points.

Seeing how the points extend only 1 tile which is at the same elevation it makes no sense that this happens as the driver can see the stop from a long distance away and see that another convoy is in the stop and not to block the points.

jamespetts

This is an interesting point that I had not considered. A workaround for the present would be to schedule your trains to use alternating platforms. A longer term solution might be a choose sign that works in the drive by sight working method in a similar fashion to the way in which a choose sign for roads work, but this would be a substantial amount of work.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

I guess I will have to turn it into a continuous loop then...

Sigh so far Simutrans Extended train mechanics really add nothing constructive over standard.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 22, 2018, 01:07:12 AM
I guess I will have to turn it into a continuous loop then...

Sigh so far Simutrans Extended train mechanics really add nothing constructive over standard.

Would you be interested in working on the drive by sight choose sign implementation?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.