News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[online] Function for the clients that start.

Started by Yona-TYT, February 22, 2018, 05:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I need a function similar to "function resume_game ()" and "function start ()", but only activate when a client joins a server .... something like "function client_start ()" ... is to show the scenario sale every time a player starts.

example:

function client_start()
{
  gui.open_info_win_at("goal")

}

Dwachs

You could use resume_game. Is this not working?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jameskuyper

The documentation for resume_game() says "This function is called when a savegame with active scenario is loaded.". Is there a guaranteed 1 to 1 relationship between loading a save game and joining a server?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on February 22, 2018, 05:32:47 PM

I have tried with:gui.open_info_win_at("goal")
I'm afraid it does not work.  :-[

You can test my script here:

Dwachs

Sorry for the wrong information: of course, any open_info_win works only locally at the server.

Dwachs

Quote from: jameskuyper on February 22, 2018, 05:46:09 PM
Is there a guaranteed 1 to 1 relationship between loading a save game and joining a server?
In terms of the game state: yes, but not in terms of gui.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on February 22, 2018, 08:01:46 PM
Sorry for the wrong information: of course, any open_info_win works only locally at the server.

Too bad, it would be good if each player could see the script rules at the moment of starting.

Edit:
Now I see it, the function is executed, but the window is shown only on the server.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on February 22, 2018, 05:32:47 PM

It would be good for clients to use a different function, in my humble opinion.  ;)

Dwachs

I could modify the open_info_win function to open the window for all clients. Also somehting like open_info_win_player(player_nr) which opens the window only if clients are allowed to play with the given player/company.

One could also always open the scenario window if a savegame with scenario is loaded.

What do you think?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on February 24, 2018, 10:47:01 AM
I could modify the open_info_win function to open the window for all clients. Also somehting like open_info_win_player(player_nr) which opens the window only if clients are allowed to play with the given player/company.

One could also always open the scenario window if a savegame with scenario is loaded.

What do you think?
Thank you so much  ;D ...
I like this function "open_info_win_player (player_nr)", but I would also like to indicate the tab, something like "open_info_win_player (player_nr, goal)"

Dwachs

I added a function open_info_win_client, which does the job:

http://dwachs.github.io/simutrans-sqapi-doc/classgui.html#a407dd8f68eca07a61ddc3f5dd25391e3

also all the open_info_win functinos now open the window on server & clients.

Yona-TYT

It seems that something is wrong, clients do not show the scenario window.  :-[

Another detail, I noticed a lot of deicronization compared to the last time I did tests, is something causing problems ?.  ???

Dwachs

It is only shown on clients that are connected when another joins. Should be fixed in r8395

Yona-TYT

player_nropens scenario info window on all clients that have this player unlocked.

I thought the player number was to show scenario window only if the client is using that player. :o