News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Station waiting list:sort by line(route)

Started by spm, March 27, 2009, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spm

The station waiting list can show or sort by route no.,so we can see the passengers use which line to their destination,some station have a lot of line via there,so we can see which line is crowed.

vilvoh

Obvious question: What happen with the passengers that don't use a route? Would you include them or ignore them when you process and sort the list? You might say that you only use routes (service lines) so there's no vehicle that don't operate on a service line, but we should consider all posibilities.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gerw

And, of course, there are passengers, who can travel with several lines.

prissi

Please SEARCH before submitting such requests. This is requested every three month and is just not possible.

jamespetts

Is this in denied extension requests? If not, perhaps it would be a good idea to add it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

A possible alternative. We can't sort them by route, but would be possible to indicate somehow if they use a route or not? That way you at least could know if the station is crowed due to passengers that use lines or not.

Example:

Quote100 passengers:
- Destination A (50% by route)
- Destination B (33% by route)
- Destination C (65% by route)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

mwoodburn81

Off-topic:

Quote from: prissi on March 27, 2009, 12:34:14 PM
Please SEARCH before submitting such requests. This is requested every three month and is just not possible.

What do you suggest he used for search terms...   "station waiting list "  only returns this thread.   "sort by line" returns no results.  Generally speaking, the search engine on this site isn't very good.  I have search for things I know that have been discussed on this forum before and gotten back no results.

I find using google "site:forum.simutrans.com" tends to give better results.

whoami

The predecessor topic is here: ideas for passengers classification.

Quote from: mwoodburn81 on March 29, 2009, 07:05:46 PM
Generally speaking, the search engine on this site isn't very good.
That's true IMO - before moving the forum to the current server, it was easier to find stuff. Maybe some setting or an index updater is missing.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I've just changed from "custom index" to "full index" to see if it helps :)