News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Yellow Capacity Bar

Started by kabhijit, February 25, 2018, 09:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabhijit

Hello all,
Have a noob question: I'm running a passenger service and the vehicle capacity indication is partially yellow.
(In the screenshot attached, the vehicle box, line 3, next to weight, the bar is half green and half yellow.)
What does this mean?

I suspect this has something to do with connecting passengers, but I'm not able to find any info; partly because I'm not sure what to search for.

Direct link to screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/byZ0aox.png

ACarlotti

It represents the space the convoy is waiting to fill before it will depart. So if the yellow sections extends all the way to the right, it means you have set the convoy to wait for a 100% load in the schedule.

Ters

Except that in this case, the vehicle is driving around, not waiting to depart. Unless this means that the waiting period elapsed before the vehicle was fully loaded, I have no idea what this means. A forcefully aborted wait clears the yellow part.

ACarlotti

Good point - I didn't look carefully enough. The help texts make no mention of this, so I reckon it's probably a bug.
kabhijit: does this yellow indicator appear often on vehicles on this line, or have you only noticed it once? Did you change the convoy's schedule while it was waiting, or anything like that?

kabhijit

Thank you all for the comments.
The yellow indicator appears often and even when the vehicle is running.
I have many lines where I have set the capacity to 100% (wait till full) and set the timer to 1/32 or 1/64, and this is happening on all the lines.
I'm running Simutrans120.1.3 and Pak128 Britain 1.13

Ters

I suspect it is the max wait time that is causing it, unless you find this happening when the timer isn't set. When it causes the vehicle to leave before reaching the given load, the yellow part remains. This could be an intentional feature, as long as it resets at the next stop. I hardly use max wait time, so I don't have experience to draw on here.

kabhijit

Perhaps the devs can add it to the documentation.

Ters

I am not aware of any documentation written by the developers, at least not for the past ten years. The documentation is written by some dedicated players, when they find time. (The developers are also dedicated players, or at least wannabe players, when they find time.)