News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

sliced map view range not working

Started by uci, March 09, 2018, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uci

There is a bug regarding range selection of sliced map view level. It appears only in certain conditions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new map
2. Enter sliced map view [Ctrl-U] and use the keys to change level (Home/End in pak128, or +/- in pak64)
3. Go to minimum level then rise again

=> You cannot raise above level 0 !

There is no problem when map is reloaded, or when using arrows in 'Display Setting' dialog.

Dwachs

Then the maximal height of tiles in your map is zero, and it would not make sense to increase the slice level.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Quote from: Dwachs on March 18, 2018, 05:18:28 PM
Then the maximal height of tiles in your map is zero, and it would not make sense to increase the slice level.

But uci reported two different behaviors. One of them has to be wrong, or at least confusing.

uci

Let me reformulate then.
The bug is that you cannot raise the slice map level on newly created maps using the keys. You can only lower it. Is not related with maximal height of tiles.

Dwachs

Should be fixed in r8407. Strange enough, it worked as I did my first quick test. Thanks for reporting.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

uci

Fixed.

I noticed that lowest slice view level equals water level or the deepest level you dig underwater, which is a nice feature of your fix. Thanks.  :)