News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

BrigHull missing hold?

Started by Milko, March 18, 2018, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello James

I do not know if the thing is wanted, but brighull has two types of passenger hold; class 1 and class 3, there is no class 2.

Thanks.
Giuseppe

jamespetts

The smaller ships are generally two class rather than three class; do you think that this is historically inaccurate?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello James

Ah, no, it's ok and accurate.

I think I may reassign one of the class to use class 2, do you think it's correct?

Is there any tutorial regarding class and / or price management?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

There is not a tutorial so far as I am aware - do you need to know how to reassign, or are you more interested in a tutorial about when it is sensible to reassign?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello James

I do not understand if (for example for BrigHull) reassign the class from 3 to 2 is a correct operation or if it introduces some distortions.
Although inaccurate I managed to get a brighull with 3 classes (1,2,3); I can get the reassignment passing the 1 in 2 or, alternatively, the 3 in 2; since the cargo has a maximum number of different people, doing one or the other involves different outcomes. So based on the choice I make I can increase the efficiency of the ship and this does not seem correct.
From what I understand I could take the cargo class 1 and reassign it to 3, triple the ship's earnings or am I wrong?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

There is no correct and incorrect per se for class reassignments: it is just a matter of choosing what is optimal for your network. The default values are intended to be sensible but you may find that other values work better.

In terms of tripling earnings, if you increase the prices to a higher wealth band, then you will earn more per individual passenger, but passengers of a lower wealth will not be able to travel. Since there are far more passengers of a lower than a higher wealth, you will have fewer passengers if you increase the prices, but your per passenger profit will be higher.