News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Bug: Drive by sight reserving way through blocking convoy.

Started by DrSuperGood, March 23, 2018, 11:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Something I just noticed on the server game but do not really have time to go into much detail.

If there are a lot of drive by sight trains waiting at a timed interval signal then it appears possible that the trains behind the train waiting for the signal can reserve a path in front of the train waiting for the signal. This results in deadlock as even when the signal is clear the train cannot advance.

Will look into recreating it. So far seems to happen if trains emergency stop and then revert to drive by sight.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: I should be grateful if you could let me know when you have a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced so that I can look into this properly.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can I check whether a recent fix for a related problem has also fixed this issue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Cannot see this happening but it usually only occurred when trains were badly mangled, eg as the result of the broken choose signals. I think more testing is needed.

DrSuperGood

I have not seen this happen again. It is likely solved. Any reoccurrence of it could also be down to bad reservation logic of the signals involved rather than broken drive by sight.