News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

A couple new Wrought Iron consumers

Started by wlindley, March 27, 2018, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Proposal for early years: Blacksmith (consumes wrought iron) and Cooper (consumes lumber and wrought iron).  For now, using existing graphics. Thoughts?

jamespetts

Interesting ideas indeed - it is certainly worthwhile having some more wrought iron consumers. I wonder whether there is some potential for confusion with the graphics being the same as other industries?

For a 1x1 tile building, as these would, I imagine, be, producing graphics is very simple using the new process.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

QuoteI wonder whether there is some potential for confusion with the graphics being the same as other industries?
That is where artistic people are needed to create variations which are visually distinct enough not to be confused while still looking realistic. Not every smelter was a clone like they are in Simutrans, so that is a good place to start.

jamespetts

Does anyone have any other thoughts on whether it is better to include these as they are with re-using the current graphics or to await fresh graphics so as to avoid confusion?

Incidentally, W. Lindley - would you find it helpful if I were to direct you to resources that should help with modifying existing 1x1 building graphics quite easily?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

wlindley

Still working on images for these, with an eye to enlarging the variety of shops (consumer industries) in aid of balancing per the "Industrial density" thread.

So, wrapping up my work-in-progress to date, here's an addition of the good "Leather" which will be produced by slaughterhouses, shipped to a Tannery, and then used by the Wainwright and the new shop Shoemaker.

I hope to adjust the dat values and get proper images drawn before doing a pull request.

Here's what I have so far, as conceptual future additions https://github.com/lindleyw/simutrans-pak128.britain/commit/d619882e2bf3897edb212e512fbf7a7293a2c625

jamespetts

My apologies - I seem to have missed this reply until now. A new type of goods, "leather" would be a happy thing indeed to go with a tannery to go with a wainwright/shoemaker.

I do not think that I have had any feedback from my earlier request as to people's views on whether to include these things now or wait until there are unique graphics for them - any thoughts that anyone might have on that would be most welcome.