News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Pak128 toolbox

Started by VS, March 28, 2009, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello, here is the pak128 toolbox - various crazy scripts for all purposes.

Most of the tools can load all dat files in all subfolders and then deal with them as they need. Usually, you can stop them from looking into a folder by adding file statsignore.conf (it looks just for the name).

Output is either files, or text directly to command line. Most of the interesting tools don't change existing files - but be careful anyway.

It mostly needs Python (2.6 line recommended) and PyGame (recommended latest for 2.6). But there are some other things, too.

In most cases you will copy
1) the one script you want to use
2) and simutools.py
to the top folder of tree that you want to analyze. Then edit the files (configuration is usually at the top) and finally run.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

BudapestTRansport

this onto what good and how does it work?

VS

...read the text?

edit: Updated the spectrogram thingy. It had a bug where all house types had to have at least one object or it crashed.

edit: updated again...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Updated with current version. Some new tools and some improvements to the library... Find out eventually yourself.

VS

Updated with a few new tools - most notably timeline-chart.py which produces overviews of vehicle timeline.

Download from first post...

gauthier

I don't really understand the utility of your tool ...

VS

If you aren't pakset maintainer, there isn't much to do with them.

vilvoh

I've been playing a little bit with Python and I was wondering if wouldn't be possible to create an executable for Windows systems, with a little menu (in command line mode).

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Isn't it easier to copy the file and click? Instant gui across al platforms ;)

prissi

Still need some additional code to recognize pak64 images ... otherwise great.

VS

There's a constant at top of the file...