News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

How build a schedule

Started by accord2, March 31, 2018, 03:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Hey, it's me again with one of my "noob" questions.
I have this problem and I'd like to know how to fix this:

I have a route between two terminus, the capital terminus and a regional terminus. I am in 1848 using vane signalling.
The line has a double track section and a single track section. In the double track I use normal signalling system while in the single part telegraph. At the exit of every station I have vane signal station (the red one) and before single track station I have junction vane signal with pre signal.

Ok, now the schedule:
I selected the platforms manually, so trains always ride one left.

The problem:
Some trains go until a junction to reverse and go to platform 2, instead of 1, for example.
Like they are on the North side in direction to the capital, they use the south side platform that is used for direction terminus regional. So they are back and forth all day using the wrong platforms.

How to build a correct schedule and fix this?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

It is not clear from your description precisely what is occurring here. Can you upload a saved game in which this occurs?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

The train no.45 will come from the left side and turn around to yerllow city again, a bit later he does it again. This means that he is using the wrong platforms, instead of using the up side platform and then arrive at terminus he uses down side platforms, which are used for trains that depart form terminus.

I think it is a problem in my way of doing schedules.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi2ssqjd2790y34/Low%201848.12.sve?dl=0

jamespetts

I notice two problems with the station that I see immediately upon loading: firstly, the signals are beyond (not at) the ends of the platforms. Signals in a station should always occupy a tile that is occupied by a platform or siding tile of that station. Secondly, you are using multiple station signals: use either one station signal per pair of directions, or multiple ordinary signals.

You might try fixing these things and seeing whether the behaviour is any better.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

accord2

So station signals are on the platforms. Understood. But how do I use only one station signal? In which direction it be?

jamespetts

Have you seen the time interval signalling video tutorials? All is explained there.

accord2

jamespetts

It is on Youtube, but there is a link on this forum.
See here for the full playlist.

accord2

many thanks, and sorry for the trouble

accord2

What is Times History? I can see it is related to timetables, what is it used for?

jamespetts

Times history is a new feature which shows how long that your convoys have actually taken to travel between the various points in their schedule; it is useful for setting service intervals and the like.