News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Bug: Time interval station signal departing as drive by sight.

Started by DrSuperGood, April 16, 2018, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

After the first train departs a station using a time interval station signal, all future departing trains will revert to drive by sight upon station exit. Save/load cycling or rebuilding the station signal seems to reset this allowing another train to depart correctly before future ones go back to drive by sight.

When leaving the platform they are marked as time interval but as soon as they clear the platform they go to drive by sight.

Standard time interval signals appear to be working correctly, and will take such a drive by sight convoy into time interval mode.

Current work around is to use separate time interval signals for each platform. Time interval signals appear to be working properly.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I am afraid that I have not been able to reproduce this in a simple case, so this is evidently not universal. Can you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced at a specific time and place?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

QuoteCan you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced at a specific time and place?
It was happening all the time on the server game on line 1193 and 1130 until I changed all the signals for regular time interval signals. Let us not forget my double depart bug report where a station signal allowed 2 convoys to depart the terminal in the same direction at the same time and so collide with each other...

Edit:
Bug still exists with todays nightly. I have set the server game up so that this is visible reliably around @5309,1643. The stations of Femleigh and Saltershell are using time interval station signals. After the first train passes since a load all subsequent trains will leave in drive by sight mode between these two stations. To minimize the impact to the line I have placed extra time interval signals leaving the area of those stations.

I also noticed one convoy getting stuck at Femleigh north bound. It was waiting for clearance when the time interval station signal had 20 minutes since last north and there were no trains in front of it for a long distance. This seems to occur extremely infrequently, to the point I have not observed it again in over half an hour so it might have been a side effect of changing out the normal time interval signals for station time interval signals.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you: I think that I have managed to fix this now. I should be grateful if you could re-test.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Seems fixed. The trains are now correctly departing in time interval mode from the example stations.