News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

XLSX Vehicle List

Started by DrSuperGood, April 21, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Since my balance work involves changing prices of the hundreds of vehicles in pak128 extended, I decided that it would be a good idea to place some information about every vehicle in a spreadsheet.

For anyone interested I have created a CSV of all the vehicles that are in Pak128 Britain for Extended, ordered chronologically by introduction date. This was automatically generated from all the dat files using a custom written Java program and then ordered by Microsoft Excel. It is saved in the form of xlsx to avoid local delimiter problems associated with CSV.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r44cbdw33xhh1b/Pak128%20Britain.xlsx?dl=0

Dat files are so painfully slow to modify, speadsheets would have been so much easier. How I will go from a spreadsheet back to dat files in a sensible way I am not sure at the moment lol.

jamespetts

Interesting. I think that someone wrote a script once for automatically exporting spreadsheet data to .dat files: I think that it might have been The Hood, and I think that the post was on the Pak128.Britain (standard) subforum.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Somtimes ago I made a excel tool: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,13094.msg130056.html#msg130056

I have not updated the tool for 4 years with the new tags, but it is sufficient to add them in the column headers of the first row.

Giuseppe

DrSuperGood

My Java program does that already to some extent. It can also write values back out to the dat files as demonstrated already, and does so in a sensible way (one can specify preferred field order).

I have noticed quite a few vehicles on the list which do not seem to appear in game. Either they obsolete before introduction or the dat files are not being built? For example boats\clyde-puffer.dat I could not find these boats in game.

jamespetts

I have no difficulties in seeing the Clyde Puffer in the shipyard. Are you sure that you have the goods type filter set to "all" rather than "relevant"?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

QuoteAre you sure that you have the goods type filter set to "all" rather than "relevant"?
Doh forgot about that... The test map I use to look them up has no industry so yeh that would likely be the problem.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for confirming.

DrSuperGood

Attached a more extensive version of the spreadsheet to the main post. Now features a lot more fields.

And yes I have been able to get from the spreadsheet back into sensible dat file changes. This was done for the balance changes up to 1860 and later.