News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Bug: Nonsense vehicle range error.

Started by DrSuperGood, May 05, 2018, 06:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Title and image pretty much say it all.

Exact details:

• Line has only 2 stops. The distance between them is 37.5km.
  • Iron coastal paddle ship has a maximum range of 100km.
  • The depot is located near to one of the stops and less than 37.5km from the other.
  • Server game @5447,1269.
  • Fully reproducible. Try to start the ship to either of its stops and the same message appears. While out of the depot try changing its schedule to either of its stops and the same message appears. Can be sent to depot, showing a different bug, change to individual line from schedule on depot entry. Can be reassigned to the line and restarted and it will still show the same error message when out of the depot.
  • Became in this state after convoy replacement. It used to be a sailing ship (wind) before.
  • Its sister ship servicing the same line appears to have no problem or error last time I checked.
  • The shipyard is right next to a dock. This dock is owned by a different company.

Either this has always existed for depots near other company docks or was the result of the recent range bypass exploit fix.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this as convoy no. 5164 no longer seems to exist. This is always a problem with using an ever-changing online game as the reproduction case.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

QuoteI am afraid that I cannot reproduce this as convoy no. 5164 no longer seems to exist. This is always a problem with using an ever-changing online game as the reproduction case.
Did you read what I wrote?

The convoy does not exist because I accidently disassembled it in the depot. I then reassembled it (new ID number), placed it on the same line, started it and the bug still occurs. Use the map coordinates listed to get to the depot.

Anyway it is currently assembled as convoy 895. You can disassemble it, reassemble it and but still exists. Easily able to be recreated.

Edit also affecting convoy 4174 @5503,1545. This is a really common problem and I am pretty sure it is the result of the last stop range exploit fix.

jamespetts

I do not think that you had mentioned that you had disbanded that convoy and replaced it with no. 895. However, I believe that I have now fixed this: I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

QuoteI do not think that you had mentioned that you had disbanded that convoy and replaced it with no. 895.
I did not intend to but ended up accidently doing so by a miss click when changing schedule. After making sure the error still existed with a new ship I did not think it relevant to mention.

Anyway this appears fixed now. The ship started correctly and is going about its work.