News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

You can grow your money by upgrading the initial road

Started by Ranran(retired), May 06, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

** This post is not a commercial advertisement by WWW bot. **

When the player overwrites the initial road with the higher grade road, the player get money without paying.
For example, in the default setting, the player has 250,000.00 simucent at the start of the game.

And then I updated city roads like this:

Now I accomplished and gained a lot of money, woohoo!

Check in Finace window, I received that money as "construction costs". (From who???)

I updated them, but I never bear their maintenance cost because the ownership of these roads remain "Unowned or privately owned". (in minimap, these are shown orange.)
Therefore I think it is like official easy cheating. Speaking confidentially, this technique can be used repeatedly every time a new higher grade road appears.

NOTE: If you update the intercity road, you can still get money from someone, but they will be yours, so you will have to incur these maintenance cost. If you update the road in the corner of the city, you may own it, but if you destroy it you will get more bonus money.

Sorry for my poor English, what I would like to say is that spending is somehow income. Take note of the difference between plus and minus in this picture.

(´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: this was a bug caused by missing - signs in the code, now fixed. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Should one be able to upgrade initial street roads unless the initial road type also upgrades to that type during play? In real life there are legal limits on residential roads.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on May 06, 2018, 04:48:07 PM
Should one be able to upgrade initial street roads unless the initial road type also upgrades to that type during play? In real life there are legal limits on residential roads.

The speed will remain limited by being in a town even if the road type should be upgraded.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Matthew

Quote from: Ranran on May 06, 2018, 02:58:10 PMSorry for my poor English

No need to apologize! Writing humour is one of the most difficult things to do in a foreign language, but this bug report really made me smile...  :laugh: :thumbsup: :laugh:
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed today(05/07)'s Nightly build, but not completely fixed yet. (´・ω・`)
"The bonus chance" still works. There were two opportunities for get income. And one has now been fixed.
I apologize for the lack of explanation.

QuoteIf you update the road in the corner of the city, you may own it, but if you destroy it you will get more bonus money.
See the last picture of my first post in this thread. It occurs by demolishing too.

When you demolish the road which taken from "Unowned or privately owned" by upgrade, you receive income. (in the last picture, I got 141.88¢)
Even if you demolish the upgraded road which owned by "Unowned or privately owned" you can not earn any income. (in the last picture, I lost 21.87¢)

There are two kinds of roads you can take away from "Unowned or privately owned":
(1) cityroad not adjacent to any citybuildings - I call this "The bonus chance".
(2) intercity road - (If you want to demolish, you need to provide an adequate diversionary route.)

These will be owned by you when you upgrade them. And if you demolish after upgrading you will get income.

@Matthew
Thank you for having fun. My reporting effort has been rewarded!

jamespetts

Thank you for the further report - I think that I have now fixed this by adding the cost of buying the underlying land to the cost of upgrading a road when players take ownership of the road upgraded so that, when they demolish the road and recover the land cost by selling it, they receive no arbitrage.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed today's nightly build. The function of land sales seems to be working correctly and someone does not give me money anymore.
I think it has been fixed. Thank you for breaking the cheating technique. ^-^

jamespetts