News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

"One train staff" working incorrectly in some case

Started by Ranran(retired), May 09, 2018, 02:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I separate this thread from another thread.
This issue has been fixed. However, I think "One train staff" is still not working correctly.

I updated my testing saved game file. Check this new .sve out.
This .sve is same as this post but not yesterday's one.
I put some station on that track and I created a new scheduled line as "line (7)" which stops at all stations.

In the case of (1), train cannot enter the left side one train staff section and cannot reach right turn around point.
In the case of (2), (3), (4) and (6), one train staff on the right side something broken...

In the case of (5) and (6), the reservation of the one train staff on the right side does not reached the return post.
It will be like this if normal.

This is little odd, but it seems not to lead to big problems in the game, because its section is protected anyway.

In the case of (7), both of one train staff something broken...
They do not make a forward reservation first.

EDIT: edit the thread title (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Somewhat lengthy tests reveal that this appears to be part of the same problem as the token block bug reported in the other thread. I will report in due course on the other thread when that issue has been fixed, although that may take some time as it is too late for me to continue now and I am quite busy in the next few days.

In the meantime, these problems look to be caused in part by a signalling design that was not tested because this is not how the signalling was intended to be set up. Although this is still a bug, you can minimise the impact of this by using the intended signalling design. In particular:
(1) put the signals at the end of the platforms instead of a few tiles beyond the end of the platforms;
(2) put an absolute block signal between pairs of token block signals facing in the same direction on the same route (normally just before the junction tile for the passing loop); and
(3) place an absolute block signal facing towards the one train staff cabinet wherever there is a transition between token block and one train staff (e.g. at 506,339), as transitioning straight from one to the other is not the intended signalling arrangement and appears to be at least part of what is causing the trouble here.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for notifying measures.
I am looking forward to the day when those bugs are overthrown. :)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I think that I have managed to fix the issue in which the one train staff/token block signals do not engender a proper reservation sometimes if they are placed a little way beyond the end of stations. I should be grateful if you could re-test and confirm whether the issue has been fixed with the next nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for working on many bug fixes last weekend.
The issue that train can not enter the right section in case of line (1) seems to have been fixed. (´・ω・`)b
However, others may be related with issues reported in other thread today.

Ranran(retired)

I'm sorry to cause confusion.
Quoteothers may be related with issues reported in other thread today.
This means that it was not possible to confirm due to a new bug.
The bug has not been completely fixed yet.

In the case of line (2), the block reservation of D to left station is canceled after arriving at left station and signal working method switches to drive by sight.
In the case of line (4) and (6), the block reservation of D to left end is canceled after arriving at left end and signal working method switches to drive by sight.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have now managed to fix this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build to confirm.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for working on fixing this issue.
Although I confirmed, I think that this problem has probably been fixed.
I wrote "probably" because another bug has occurred and I can not affirm whether it is the effect of this fix.
However, I suspect the cause of the new bug is the influence of the fixing of this thread.

Steps to check for new bug:
- change the train schedule to line (2).
- make the train go back and forth several times.
- the train will come and go a short distance between "Right station" and "right turn around point".
- you can see the schedule has been changed automatically to reversing[>>] at waypoint.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report - I believe that I have now fixed this issue. I should be grateful if you could re-check with the next nightly build.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed that it has been fixed in today's nightly build(#0088b46).
Thank you for fixing this. (´・ω・`)b