News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Train's max speed is limited to 1km/h for 1 tile in some case

Started by Ranran(retired), May 10, 2018, 12:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I separate this thread from another thread.

Train's max speed is limited to 1 km/h for 1 tile in some case.

This happens in the following cases:
(A) Train pass the "End of signalling" when running in the state of "token block" or "one train staff".
(B) When the schedule is changed while running in the state of "token block".
(C) When cancel the reservation by click the token block reserved section in "show block reservations mode".

In this .sve(same as another thread) I intentionally put a "end of signaling sign" at "point A".
As you can see it, the train is restricted its maximum speed to 1 km for one tile.

(C) does not always occur. However, I think that "Reversing" will be done when (C) occurs.

It can be reproduced by the following procedure:
1. load the saved game "Ranran_testing_signal-2
2. press B key and change "show block reservations mode"
3. When the train is moving from "point A" to "Station B" and enter the place where indicated by the yellow arrow in following picture, then click the reservation section and cancel the reservation.

If it succeeds it will look like following picture and the speed will be limited to 1 km/h until you get out of the red colored section.

I don't know this is bug or not, but I think it's long. ::(
It takes 7.5 in-game minutes to move 125 meters at 1 km/h. It's slower than walking. :coffee:
I think that it is better to return to drive by sight limited speed as soon as the train reaches at the end of signaling sign and stops.

(´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have fixed this by switching the working method to drive by sight when the block reservation is cleared manually like this, as it is anomalous for a convoy to continue in a working method that assumes a block reservation when that reservation has been deleted in any event.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for working on fixing bugs.
In today's nightly build, I confirmed that the issue in case (C) was fixed.
However, the sighting distance seems to be unnatural for a while, but it isn't a big deal.

(This unnatural reversing operation seems to cause another issue. I will post a new thread about it, may be a few days later...)

Quote(A) Train pass the "End of signalling" when running in the state of "token block" or "one train staff".
(A) seems to have not changed.

Quote(B) When the schedule is changed while running in the state of "token block".
further report of case (B):
This occurs when the train reverse by changing its schedule with the signal working method state "token block".

It can be reproduced by the following procedure:
1. load the saved game Ranran_testing_signal-2
2. change locomotive's assignment scheduled line to (3).
3. When the train is running from Left station to Right station and passing by the middle point between Station c and B, then open its schedule window and change it goes to Left station.
Note that this does not occur if train is left side of station c and too close to the station c.

The train will reverse, then its speed will be restricted to 1 km/h for one tile, and current signal method will switch to drive by sight when acceleration is started.

EDIT: separate added issues into new threads.   (´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix issues (A) and (B), which were entirely separate bugs from issue (C). I should be grateful fi you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you again for working on fixing those bugs.
I confirmed today's nightly build. Issue (B) has been fixed now.
However, issue (A) has been changed another bug.  (´・ω・`)

One train staff which is behind the end of signaling sign no longer works properly...

After receiving the stuff, train repeats strange deceleration and acceleration, and then switches to drive by sight.
The maximum speed will be that of drive by sight(35 km/h).
Note that switching to "One train staff" is in front of the cabinet.
The inside of that section(A to Right station) is always drive by sight.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report - I think that I have now fixed this. I should be very grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I confirmed today's nightly build.

QuoteAfter receiving the stuff, train repeats strange deceleration and acceleration, and then switches to drive by sight.
This has been fixed but issue (A) still occured in some case.

Please check new saved game out.

The locomotive is about to reach end_of_signaling sign at point A in this saved game.
When the locomotive  reaches end_of_signaling sign its max speed is limited to 1 km/h for 1 tile just as befor.
I think it seems to be a newly generated bug, but the backward block reservation(B to A) will not be canceled.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this from the saved game provided - indeed, that saved game does not have the locomotive in the position in which you stated that it was. Are you sure that this is the correct file?

Ranran(retired)

jamespetts

Thank you for uploading that. I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test to confirm whether this has been fixed.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed that this has been fixed in latest build. Thank you for fixing this. (´・ω・`)b