News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Train reserving in front of another train

Started by Ves, May 18, 2018, 09:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

YESS!! Finally captured this bugger of a bug on a reproducable savegame!

On the savegame, you want to keep an eye on two trains, so when you open the savegame, go ahead and open their info window:

(6469) LNWR Crewe type 2-2-2
and
(6354) LMR "Bird" class 2-2-2

When the game starts, one train is waiting at "Aldinghall Terminal Station", and the other is on its way to that station from "Dulstead Corner Railway Station".
Let the game run all by it self, and eventually, at 5:28:00, (6469) LNWR Crewe type 2-2-2, will pull into "Dulstead..- Station", but never get any further because of the train behind's one tile reservation.
What appears to be happening:
The trains tends to get stuck for an abnormal long period of time at a signal at (3410,823), and will eventual start to drive. This behavior can also be noticed on other trains arriving at that signal, for instance the train prior to our to-be-stuck train: (6355) LMR "Bird" class 2-2-2.
Eventually, the train gets released, but creates no reservation at the Dulstead station (I dont think it principally should either, though..), but when the behindcoming train passes some signal (didnt notice which), it reserves that one tile at the end of the station, and the deadlock is just waiting to happen.

So, bugs in the savegame:
1) Train reserving in front of another train
2) Trains reserving absolute block sections from any time interval signal
3) Absolute block reservation from Dulstead Corner.... in the south going direction reserves only until the forthcoming time interval distant signal. It should reserve to the main signal at location (3322,1060). This can be observed with train  (6355) LMR "Bird" class 2-2-2

Savegame:
https://github.com/VictorErik/saved-games/blob/054c97cb768f0e505d0c6ca31e0789733a7c1c58/master/bug%20-%20time%20interval%20and%20absolute%20-prelocked.sve

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this. I am in the process of looking into this now, although the large size of the saved game makes this a slow process. For reference, the issue appears to occur when convoy no. 6354 reserves tile at 3350,1025 incorrectly.

Edit This appears to happen circa 5:11:38
Edit 2: I think that I have now fixed this - I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build. Please note that this issue is specific to a transition between the time interval working methods and other working methods: I have seen on the server (but not been able to reproduce) deadlocks arising in pure time interval (with/without telegraph) signalling configurations, so this may not be a complete solution to these issues. I should be grateful if you could confirm whether the issues relating to a transition between time interval and other working methods remain after this fix.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can anyone confirm whether or not this has now been fixed?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.