News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

How about that one of the desginer make a modeSimutrans GUI theme like the forum

Started by prissi, May 19, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

How about somebody creates a GUI theme for SImutrans which follows the forum design. That would be great. (Best in a variant for normal font and one for a 19 pt font ... )

An_dz

You mean like the theme I created that James then adapted for Extended? ;)

prissi

Yes and no. I mean with white backgrounds and blue buttons with white test. Like the forum now.

Frank

little test

themes_bluewhite.zip

prissi

On my monitor quite brigth blue, more like turquoise, at least compared to this forum. But otherwise it cathces somewhat the "emptyness" of the current forum theme.

Frank

without check and poss buttons change

To change scrollbars with?

themes_bluewhite3.zip

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Frank on May 20, 2018, 03:44:48 PM
without check and poss buttons change

To change scrollbars with?

themes_bluewhite3.zip

And why do not you change the color of the graphics box?.  ;) edit.
and the status bar.

Yona-TYT

Changing the ugly "loading" bar is something I've always wanted to see, but I do not think this is possible (yet).  ;)

Frank

Quote from: Yona-TYT on May 20, 2018, 04:05:44 PM
And why do not you change the color of the graphics box?.  ;) edit.

The color of the graphics box is difficult to change.

It depends on the contrast to the lines and not every color is displayed correctly.

The color is set in theme tab file.
# Background color of charts.
gui_color_chart_background = #B6B0CC

An_dz

Quote from: prissi on May 20, 2018, 12:38:29 PM
Yes and no. I mean with white backgrounds and blue buttons with white test. Like the forum now.
Ok, I'll work on it.

An_dz

Yona-TYT

Very nice theme, but I see that the alignment problem in some lists continues to make its own.   :-[

An_dz

Those are problems with the Simutrans code, no theme will fix it. I have a branch where I'm fixing those but it's a lot of dialogues and it has been a while since I last updated the code.

prissi

Such problems will only increase with scaling font size. (But even MS WIndows has them when scaling fonts ...)

One probably should use another color for unused than yellow. I think this is configurable already.

An_dz

No, that colour is still fixed. That's why I want to work on all gui dialogues, so I can check all fixed colours and change them with meaningful parameters.

133 PIXVAL color = value >= 0 ? (value > 0 ? MONEY_PLUS : color_idx_to_rgb(COL_YELLOW)) : MONEY_MINUS;

prissi

r8451 will have the three new entires gui_color_text_plus, gui_color_text_minus, gui_color_text_unused to customise this.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Yona-TYT on May 20, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
Changing the ugly "loading" bar is something I've always wanted to see, but I do not think this is possible (yet).  ;)
@prissi

I would like to change the design of the load bar, or at least the color.   8)

An_dz

Fixed in r8452

The background colour of the selected line was the player colour, making it virtually impossible to fix this issue without setting gui_color_text_highlight to either black or white. Now it follows the same colours as a normal list would.

Yona-TYT

This should be the new theme by default, do not you think? .  8)

There is a detail with the constraste here also.  ;)

Leartin

It's nice, but once again the orange title bars stuck out like sore thumbs. Should really be blue like the buttons, or maybe even the same color as the backgrounds.

An_dz

Wait a minute, have I not added support for changing that? Oh, yes, totally forgot to define that.

Here's an updated theme also adding the support for the money colours.

Frank

update and some fixes

delete file, new version here

Yona-TYT

When you change the color of the title bar "default_window_title_color", then change the theme no longer returns to the original orange color.  ???

An_dz

I'm having trouble understanding how the calls to get_color works to change back to the default. My only guess is that it's not returning to orange when selecting another theme because this colour is saved in the settings, but I can't understand how the other colours work. I'll have to try to debug it.

Yona-TYT

I would also like to change the color of the mailbox window in server mode.

prissi

I do not think there was a release since then ... it is in the SVN and should be available in the nightlies as well.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on December 25, 2018, 01:17:03 AMI do not think there was a release since then ... it is in the SVN and should be available in the nightlies as well.
}
I'm not afraid, it's just the "blue-white"  :-[ .

prissi

I do not get the error message. You can just load the blue white theme and get it.