News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New game options wont load because when button is clicked it crashes the game

Started by fam621, May 19, 2018, 06:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hello James, this is a bug which has just been discovered today is that the new game options wont load because when button is clicked it crashes the game on both starting and during games. Can you please look into this for me?

ACarlotti

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this. So a couple of questions:
1. Are you using the latest nightly? Also, what OS are running this on?
2. What exactly are you doing when running the game? You say the "new game options" won't load, but I can't see anything with that name. Tell us exactly what buttons you are clicking to trigger the crash. I've tried clicking various things that might fit your description, but none of them are triggering a crash for me.

fam621

What happens is that when the game loads and when I click on the new game button it crashes the game for some reason.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this either. When you refer to the "new game" button, do you mean the "new map" button?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

In that case, I definitely cannot reproduce this. Does this occur with the current nightly version?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Where do you download the files for Simutrans? And no. I have not downloaded that version.

jamespetts

The place to download the latest nightly version never changes: it will be exactly the same place as you got the version that you are currently using. You should always check whether upgrading to the latest nightly version fixes any problem before reporting it.

fam621

What I meant is that where can you find the whole file (the one where the save and the fonts are in)

ACarlotti

Which operating system are you using? For Windows, the .zip should contain everything you need (including fonts, and two paksets, which will include their own demo savegames). For linux, I think the .deb contains the same things (except with a linux executable), although the post I previously linked to suggests that the directory structure it produces automatically isn't quite right.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: fam622 on May 19, 2018, 06:09:24 PMnew game options wont load because when button is clicked it crashes the game on both starting and during games.
I confirmed this bug occurs in my environment.
This occurs only in the 32-bit version, not in the 64-bit version.
I downloaded Simutrans-Extended-Complete.zip again, but it still occurs.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

That is very odd.

Fam622 - are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version? If you are using the 32-bit version, can you check whether using the 64-bit version fixes this?

Ves

I experinced this issue today too.
It only crashes with the w32 build, the w64 worked fine.
It was freshly downloaded from the server.

Steps to reproduce:
- Start the w32-bit version
- Press any of the paksets.
- When the "new game" dialog appears, press "New map" and the game should hang and eventually terminate.

I am using Windows 10

ACarlotti

Ah, apologies, I made a mistake when porting some changes from Standard which broke a format string in 32-bit builds. I've now pushed a fix to my master. (Note that it is on top of some other changes; I can separate these if needed.)

Now that I've worked out how to produce 32-bit builds, I will hopefully identify this sort of thing quicker in future.

jamespetts

Ranran(retired)

At least it seems to be fixed from today's nightly build under my  environment.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts