News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Bug: Displayed as "Controlled from: none" when put a marker on the signal box

Started by Ranran(retired), May 20, 2018, 12:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

When put a marker at the signal box, it is displayed as "Controlled from: none" in the signal detail window which is connected to it.

It does not affect signaling behavior. Just a small bug.  ;)
(´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I am afraid that I am having trouble reproducing this. Can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

jamespetts

I am afraid that I still cannot reproduce this. I suspect that it may be idiosyncratic depending on which objects are in what order in the game's internal system for storing objects. Given the difficulty in reproducing this and its minor effect, I am classing this as a low priority bug for the time being.

Thank you very much for your report, however.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for taking the time to do this.
I confirmed it again.
It occurs in Simutrans-Extended-64.exe but not in Simutrans-Extended.exe in my environment.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on May 27, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
Thank you for taking the time to do this.
I confirmed it again.
It occurs in Simutrans-Extended-64.exe but not in Simutrans-Extended.exe in my environment.

A difference between the 64-bit and 32-bit versions? Curious. I tested with the 64-bit version compiled with Visual Studio (which I use for debugging) and was not able to reproduce it there.

Ranran(retired)

QuoteA difference between the 64-bit and 32-bit versions?
Yes. In my environment it always occurs with 64-bit version. However it does not occur with 32-bit version ???
My PC is windows 7 64-bit.

jamespetts

I suspect that the problem is caused by the order in which objects are checked in the per tile object list. I wonder whether it would be sensible simply to prevent players adding markers to tiles occupied by signal boxes?

Matthew

Quote from: jamespetts on May 29, 2018, 09:38:08 AM
I suspect that the problem is caused by the order in which objects are checked in the per tile object list. I wonder whether it would be sensible simply to prevent players adding markers to tiles occupied by signal boxes?

If you do this, could you also prevent players from adding signs to tiles occupied by depots, please? I did this by accident with a sign from a different player and it seemed to have odd effects.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

ACarlotti

I believe I have fixed this (on my master branch on Github). The issue was that signalboxes have a negative object type (stored as an sint), which was being used as an array index to get the priority for sorting object lists. As a result, this priority was being read from unrelated data 10 bytes before the static priority array; the content of this data depended on whether it was a 64-bit or 32-bit version.

Quote from: Matthew on May 30, 2018, 12:26:12 AMI did this by accident with a sign from a different player and it seemed to have odd effects.
Could you tell us what those odd effects were? They are probably bugs that can be fixed if they can be identified.

Actually, is the bug that you can place a marker on someone else's property? If so, that should be fairly easy to fix.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that fix - now incorporated.

And, yes, one should not be able to place a marker on another player's buildings in any event, as a marker should denote land ownership.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: ACarlotti on May 30, 2018, 03:37:11 AM
I believe I have fixed this
I confirmed that it has been fixed in today's nightly build. Thanks. (´・ω・`)b