News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[Idea] Fences With marine buoys

Started by Yona-TYT, May 29, 2018, 07:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I have seen that some pakset include fences for the terrain, so why not do the same in the water?.
It would be interesting to give the sea a little more variety.  8)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Since fences are coded as rail, all we need is water rail, like the train in Spirited Away (a wonderful movie if you haven't seen):

https://i.imgur.com/oDrquu2.png

:)

Leartin

Since 0 is buildt on land, and 1 is buildt on air (elevated), get some other number to indicate it's buildt on water.
Useful? Eh. Perhaps for water planes, otherwise decoration only. But surely the more flexible and future-proof solution compared to a new waytype.

(the ability to place something other than factories in water would be more rewarding, and for a few buoy fences it would be enough)

An_dz

And it should be something animated to simulate the waves. ;)

Leartin

Quote from: An_dz on May 30, 2018, 06:55:53 AM
And it should be something animated to simulate the waves. ;)

Ways should be animated anyway, to get waves in rivers :P
For buoys it's less important, since you have transparency, so at least the ocean waves can be visible. it's just the spray that would be nice to animate.

Yona-TYT

I have always wanted to see more objects in the sea, such as seaweed, islands, corals, a wrecked ship ... in short, it would be very beautiful (Especially in pak192.comic, which is dedicated to art  <3 ).
Regards .!  ;D

gauthier

QuoteSince fences are coded as rail
That should change by the way. Ingame, pressing the last tracks tool shortcut can lead to the last fence tool used, that's one of the many things that can confuse newbies. These newbies are not supposed to know that the tool to remove a line of fences is the tracks removal tool (that does not even work, probably because of the zero speed limit, like canal removal tool on non navigable rivers). Also, fences having the same color as tracks on the minimap is confusing.

An_dz

You should not do fences as rail as we used to, instead now you should use the decoration waytype. It probably works :)

Yona-TYT

Ohhh, I had forgotten the waytype for decorations, is it possible to make them work in the water? That would be great! .   ;D

prissi

Building ways on water is in principle possible, but there is no way to not abuse this. Somewhere in the forums there was a discussion on that.

You can still code buoys as factories

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Well... if we *did* have support for ways on/in water, I suppose someone could make a floating bridge - they're used sometimes in places where the water is very very deep, such as some of the areas around Seattle, WA, US:

https://www.enr.com/articles/44013-the-10-longest-floating-bridges-in-the-world