News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bug: Game crashes when clicks the initial placed road

Started by Ranran(retired), June 02, 2018, 02:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

When you check any roads with inspection tool, Simutrans crashes every time.
I have confirmed this occurs only in pak128.Sweden-Ex, and it has not occurred in pak128.Britain-Ex.
(´・ω・`)

EDIT: This only occurs on maps created automatically on initial launch and may not occur on maps you made.
Old saved games are OK, newly started games are NG.
The road newly built by player is OK. Initially placed road is NG.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I have moved this out of the Swedish pakset forum to the main development forum as this sort of bug will be a general Simutrans-Extended bug rather than a pakset specific bug even if it affects only one pakset.

I will look into this when I get home and am able to access the computer on which I can run a graphical debugger.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Possibly related: when I click on buildings in Pakset 128 Sweden, I get the window relating to the underlying land (the one that displays the forge costs), not the one that displays buildings. I thought this was because I was using a Pakset version that's a few weeks old with the latest Nightly Simutrans, but maybe not.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ves

There are a bunch of parameters that are "missing" in pak Sweden, for instance all class related stuff and whatnot. Could it be that the game assumes some values that are not given a default value?

ACarlotti

The issue appears to be that there is no valid replacement road time. get_timeline_road_type (in settings.cc) is therefore returning null. But line 799 in boden/wege/weg.cc assumes that latest_city_road is not null. So either get_timeline_road_type should avoid returning null, or weg.cc needs to check. The former strategy appears to be already in use for choosing the types of new construction, so it would seem best to try to use that logic.

James: I think this should be enough information to allow to choose the behaviour and sort it without a debugger.

jamespetts

Thank you - that is very helpful. I have pushed what I hope is a fix to this - I should be grateful if anyone could confirm with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed that it has been fixed in today's nightly build. (´・ω・`)b
Thank you for working on this.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)