News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Saves from the pre-merged SE ft. the overtaking addon crash the game

Started by fam621, June 02, 2018, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James. This is a crash report reguarding maps from the pre-merged Simutrans Extended featuring the vehicle overtaking addon crash the game on all .sve files.

ACarlotti

Do you mean that saves written by the otrp testing branch cannot be loaded by the current master? It is normal for such saves from testing branches to not be compatible with master, but if so, it ought to be possible to build a version of the game that can load the testing branches.

However, I do not know what the required changes for this would be, and the version control unhelpfully contains two parallel development branches which updated the version number in different ways. There were also other changes in master that 'piggy-backed' on the change of save version, which might also be causing a problem.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce a crash loading older saved games - I was able to load the saved game that you uploaded to report a crash relating to a signalbox without difficulty. As Andrew asks - can I ask for some clarification on to what specific versions of saved games that you are unable to load?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Quote from: ACarlotti on June 02, 2018, 09:41:42 PM
Do you mean that saves written by the otrp testing branch cannot be loaded by the current master? It is normal for such saves from testing branches to not be compatible with master, but if so, it ought to be possible to build a version of the game that can load the testing branches.

However, I do not know what the required changes for this would be, and the version control unhelpfully contains two parallel development branches which updated the version number in different ways. There were also other changes in master that 'piggy-backed' on the change of save version, which might also be causing a problem.

Yes.

jamespetts

We do not guarantee forward compatibility of saved games from testing branches because of the additional work that would be involved in this. Testing branches are not intended to be used with running games.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.