News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Video editors (a.k.a.: Death to Movie Maker!)

Started by IgorEliezer, June 08, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

I'm looking for a replacement for Movie Maker because.... do you really need to hear why?  8)

I have found the following editors:
As you can see I focus on open source/GPL options. I tried Kdenlive a few months ago, it was a nightmare to render a video. Now I'm going to give the new version another shot.

OpenShot seems interesting just by looking at its interface. I'd like to hear suggestions and opinions if someone else tries those editors, too.

I also hope this topic be useful for other people who want to record videos about Simutrans and want a good enough video editor.

Death to Movie Maker!

Ters

There is also the video editor in Blender. It is what they used for their quite professional looking short movies, so it must be good, but it might be difficult to understand the user interface if one is not already familiar with Blender. I've only used it a handful times for very simple stuff, mostly without sound.

An_dz

The one in Blender was exactly the one I thought, it's very complex, you can have multiple audio and video tracks playing simultaneously, this of course takes a long time to render but the end result is always a smooth video.

Carl

I've found Videopad ok. It has a free trial period but ultimately isn't free or open source.