News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Moving Block - Assistance needed

Started by sinair285, June 11, 2018, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinair285

Being in the game for ages and started Simutrans Extended just now.
When trying with the Moving Block, I found the trains being trapped on reversing, or being held before entering stations to reverse.

I know Simutrans Extended is far different from the original, still want to try but I have no idea for how to place moving block beacons, or other signals related.
Is it possible for some tutorials on placing moving block signals?  Thanks!

Matthew

If you are playing with yesterday's nightly (11 June, #7179b26), then it has major signalling bugs (and on my computer crashes soon after load). I can upload an older, more reliable build if you'd like one.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Yes, there was an error affecting many different signalling systems in yesterday's nightly build. I suggest that you try the latest nightly build and report whether the issue is the same there.

If you do find that you still experience this issue, I will need a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced in order to try to find the problem.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.