News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bookmarks (not quite) working after authentication

Started by isidoro, June 11, 2018, 10:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isidoro

I usually come to this forum once a day to see the "Recent unread posts", which is very convenient.  For this purpose, I have a bookmark pointing to:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=unread

From some time ago the link doesn't work any longer.  After I log in, the main page is shown and I have to press the bookmark again to see the "Recent unread posts".  That wasn't the case just before the changes of the forum.

N.B.: it isn't something I can't live without, but just in case it has an easy fixing.

An_dz

Confirmed. But I did not change anything on this regard, maybe it has to do with the latest SMF update that changed some urls.

Can you remember if it was after the theme change or if it was before that?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

An_dz

Even this url redirects me to the front page after logging in.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

That's weird. Surely it's not a matter of permissions since we're both forum admins... WTF? SMF is a weird piece of.......software. lol

But I assure you it's the bookmark from my browser which I use every time to get to the forum. :/

isidoro

Quote from: An_dz on June 12, 2018, 04:21:46 AM
Confirmed. But I did not change anything on this regard, maybe it has to do with the latest SMF update that changed some urls.

Can you remember if it was after the theme change or if it was before that?

I'd say that it was before the change of theme, but I can't tell for sure.  Sorry.  I should have reported it just when it happened the first time.

An_dz

Both of you please try again and tell me what shows up in the Session url below the main menu. This debug is enabled only for admins and isidoro.

Also tell me what browser you are using and if you block JavaScript or not.

@isidoro Disable JavaScript, open your bookmark logged out, force refresh (Ctrl+F5) the page and try to login. Then tell me if you are redirected to the front page or not and the session url.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

An_dz

Thanks Isaac, now I'm almost sure what it is, but to be sure I want to check what isidoro gets.

isidoro

These are my data:
1) I use the latest Tor browser. 7.5.5 (based on Mozilla Firefox 52.8.1) (64-bit)
2) When I first logged in (with Javascript enabled), the debug url was:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ecq9jndpn2od01kjv3ua2hfjc4&action=enotify
3) And it didn't work as usual (I was redirected to the main page)
4) When I disabled Javascript, the debug url was blank
5) And it did redirect to the "recent unread topics" and not the main page.

Hope it helps.

An_dz

Yep, it's the enotify mod. It makes a call with the JS when you login, that's why you see a url with JS but no url without.

I just don't know why it does not affect Isaac.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Well, I suppose we could get rid of the plugin, then. It seemed to be decently liked, but it's not worth it if it breaks functionality.

An_dz

I tried fixing but no success. I guess the only way really is to remove it. If it has a fix it's probably more complicated than worth it.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

An_dz

It really was it, now I'm not redirected to the front page. 👍

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I wish SMF had better support. There's plenty of useful things we could have if it did. meh.

Although the most important thing I wish we had was Markdown.

isidoro

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Totally on An_dz. Thank you, An_dz for the work you've been doing on the forum and elsewhere!