News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Steam updated to 120.3

Started by HaydenRead, June 17, 2018, 12:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaydenRead

Steam has been updated to 120.3 for Windows and Linux (haven't got the Mac build sorted yet) - and hopefully all the paksets have also been updated.

I was considering changing to have both pak128 & pak64 in the default install, and then changing to have multiple paksets in each 'DLC', i.e. instead of having just Pak128.Japan, have a Japan DLC, with both Pak64.Japan & Pak128.Japan, and Pak.Nippon, and similar for German, Comic, etc.

TurfIt

Appears to have bad/missing .dlls.
"The procedure entry point SDL_AudioStreamFlush could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL2.dll"
Replacing the provided old SDL2.0.4 with SDL2.0.8 gets past that, but:  "The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing...". And I'm sure it'll complain about the rest of the usual suspects missing - libstdc, pthread, zip, etc...

HaydenRead

Quote from: TurfIt on June 17, 2018, 12:31:42 AM
Appears to have bad/missing .dlls.
"The procedure entry point SDL_AudioStreamFlush could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL2.dll"
Replacing the provided old SDL2.0.4 with SDL2.0.8 gets past that, but:  "The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing...". And I'm sure it'll complain about the rest of the usual suspects missing - libstdc, pthread, zip, etc...
Thanks for this, found it was trying to deploy SDL 2.0.4 & SDL2.0.8, so whichever deployed first remained. I have removed SDL2.0.4 from the package. I will look at the other dll issues (it doesn't have any other dll issues for me - and didn't have the SDL2 issue as for me it installed the SDL2.0.8 dll). Not sure why it is complaining about libgcc, given that it is compiled with MSVC, not GCC.

TurfIt

Steam updated the .exe and SDL2.dll; It now works; Thanks.

I presume it was looking for the GCC stuff for me since I copied in the .dll from my mingw install. I'd assumed GCC was used too since the Simutrans code is designed around it (not as much now with the assembly gone, but still memory alignment/packing stuff).

EDIT:  Actually the game loads, but any attempt to open the save/load game dialog crashes. I see this reported in the Steam forums as well. Deleting settings.xml fixes - not sure how steam can handle that...

Matthew

There is a report in the Chinese forum that a player has lost all their save files. The player is using Steam on Windows 10. Does the Steam edition filter out save files from old versions?

I've only played Extended for many years, so I don't know how Standard works.  :-[

Also, there's what amounts to a bug report in the Help Centre.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Yona-TYT

It does not work for me, I'm afraid.  :-[
[yonatan@localhost ~]$ steam steam://rungameid/434520
Running Steam on fedora 28 32-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!

emirkir

Nope, Steam-version of Simutrans doesn't load any savegames...

JOIN SIMUTRANS DISCORD-SERVER! https://discord.gg/fpXY772

Yona-TYT

Hi, I wanted to publish a more recent version of the tutorial in steam, but simutrans v120.3 does not have some of the script functions used in the tutorial.

I was wondering if there are plans to update this? .