News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Reversing timing

Started by Phystam, June 17, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Hello, James!

Recently I make some railway diagrams thanks to times_history window.
In Simutrans-Extended game, the train will depart at not the scheduled time, but the scheduled time + reversing time.
If you are using different type of vehicle on the same line (ex. local and express), the difference of reversing time is more sensitive and effective when traffic become heavier, there is no punctuality.
On the other hand, the vehicle can reverse until the scheduled time comes.
In particular, it should be changed the waiting time and reversing time like "reversing->waiting."

jamespetts

I am not sure that I entirely understand this - the idea is that the waiting time at the station is reduced to take into account the reversing time so that the waiting time plus the reversing time is the correct scheduled time (if the scheduled time is greater than or equal to the greater of the reversing or loading time, that is).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

Yes, right. I mean:
(now) departure time = arrival time + waiting(scheduled) time + reversing time
->
(after)
departure time = arrival time + waiting time (if waiting >= reversing)
or
departure time = arrival time + reversing time (if waiting < reversing)

jamespetts

I am still struggling to follow this, I am afraid. Currently, the algorithm is as in "after", unless there is a (new) error; if there is, I should be grateful if you could upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced at a specific time and place.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

Ah, this is my misunderstanding. the indicated left time on convoi information window is excluded time.
and after that, the reversing time is indicated until the departure time comes.
Thank you explaining this!