News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Token block signals may need to be replaced

Started by Matthew, June 18, 2018, 11:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

The nightly from 18 June () caused merry chaos with my signalling system. I don't completely understand what happened, but the most likely explanation is that previously, if you rebuilt a single track line as double track, the token block signals functioned happily as faux absolute block signals. Now they stay permanently at danger when on a unidirectional line. It probably makes more sense, but anyone else who's tried to save money this way, beware!
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced at a specific time and place?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

I'm not sure that there is an 'issue' in the bug report sense. I think it's more the case that I was exploiting a loophole which has now been fixed. But I need the game to run for a bit longer before I understand whether the chaos was transitional or permanent.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

I see. Can I check whether anyone else is having trouble with token block signalling?

I do perhaps need to produce a video tutorial for this signalling system quite soon.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.