News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Track circuit signal doesn't create directional reservation at specific location

Started by Ranran(retired), June 23, 2018, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Track circuit signal doesn't create directional reservation at specific location.

Check this saved game out.
Directional reservation is not created correctly near points k and g2.
(g2 works normally when it goes to north)

I tried to solve this problem in various ways.
- build the station
- put more signals
- change the number of aspects of the signal
- change the signal to bidirectional signal which is at the passing loop

However, the only way that I could solve this was to move the signalbox to another location...
Am I something wrong? (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report - I think that I have managed to fix this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for working on fixing this issue.
I tested running the multiple trains on this line with today's nightly build. As a result, the train frontal collision occurred.(´・ω・`)
I looked for the cause of this, the signal does not create a directional reservation in certain situations.
Although the issue of not making a directional reservation was solved, a directional reservation may end in the middle.

For example, as shown in the following picture, A signal intermediate between i and H does not make a direction reservation when the reservation start signal is k.
This train passes through the station i, so if another train comes from the other side at this time they will collide there.

the other examples:

jamespetts

Thank you for testing. Are you able to upload a saved game in which the collision occurs at a specific place and time?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

QuoteAs a result, the train frontal collision occurred.
I'm apologize. This seems there was a mistake in my signal placement.
By using the two aspects signal instead of the three aspects signal so that the red reservation does not across the passing loop, collision did not occur and it worked correctly.

jamespetts

It does not seem to be correct that you need to use only two aspect signals here - I should be grateful if you could upload the saved game demonstrating the collision so that I can try to fix this.

Ranran(retired)

Okey. Then, please check this saved game.
I think that this collision can be avoided if it is 2 aspect signal.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report/reproduction case: I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed that it has been fixed in today's nightly build(#0088b46).
Thank you for fixing this. (´・ω・`)b

However, if there is no problem even if it crosses the passing loop, it is a little concern that the directional reservation indication is interrupted in the middle of the single line section as shown in some pictures above(reply #2), but these blank section can not be reserved from the opposite direction, or the signal can cancel the reservation from the opposite direction.
Therefore the train never collides in their section. That is only display issue.

For example, it does not collision even in a state like this picture. (This is very interesting!)

jamespetts

Thank you for confirming. The single tile gap should not create issues as there is no way in which this can ever be reserved, so this can be regarded as fixed.