News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

not accept servers

Started by kittens45, June 25, 2018, 02:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens45

Every time I try to access servers, it says my pack is mismatched

Junna

Well, is it mismatched? Kind of low on details here. What's the version?

DrSuperGood

Tried using my java Simutrans Extended updater? It should be a 1 click solution to making sure the pakset and executable are always up to date with the most recent nightly (used by servers).

jamespetts

Every night, the pakset and the executable update to the latest version automatically. You will need to download the latest versions in order to play if there have been any changes from the previous day. Dr. Supergood's Java updater can do this for you semi-automatically (you have to invoke the tool, but it will work automatically after that).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kittens45

kittens45

now I'm getting fatal error- out of memory or other error allocating new object

jamespetts

In that case, I suggest that you download the 64-bit version of the executable rather than the 32-bit version, as the 64-bit version can use more memory than can the 32-bit version.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kittens45

now track ins taking a long to build

jamespetts

Do you mean that there is a delay between the time at which you execute the command to build things and the time at which things are actually built?

jamespetts

This is because your computer is not running fast enough to keep up with the server. To help to alleviate this problem, you can disable the water animation (look in the display settings dialogue) and zoom in more closely. These things help because the graphics in Simutrans do not use hardware acceleration and thus rely on the CPU, which reduces the CPU time available for the simulation calculations.

kittens45

don't see disable water animation on display dialog

jamespetts

My apologies: I misremembered where the setting is located. You need to use the advanced settings dialogue: press the "i" key, navigate to the "display" tab and set "water animation ms" to 0.

kittens45

the i key method dosn't work in server mode

jamespetts

In which case, you will need to edit simuconf.tab (the base version, not the pakset version): change water_animation_ms = 250 to water_animation_ms = 0.

kittens45

tried it still didn't work

jamespetts

The water is still animated?

kittens45

yes and still going slow

Rollmaterial

In which folder is the simuconf.tab you modified?

kittens45

main config folder

jamespetts

You can disable the water animation in a server game by using the advanced settings dialogue ("i" key) as described above before joining the server game.