News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

"r8504" the game close by itself when I using public station tool

Started by hk2030, July 04, 2018, 08:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk2030

The problem I meet is that the game will close when I public some stations to join together. After I restart the game, the work I done between the last time save and the game close will not be save.

Dwachs

I could not reproduce this. Do have a savegame, where the crash can be reproduced?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DrSuperGood

It might also be crashing only under very specific useage of the make public tool. As such with screenshots or a detailed description try todescribe the station layout and where using the tool causes a crash.

hk2030

In this save, I have play with five AI player. For the best for the passenger change the bus, I use the public tool to join the station.
At the yt video, I am using the public tool, but the game stop at 0:57 and automatic close at about 1:06.
This problem is always appear when I using the "public tool" to join not a few station in a short time. And this problem is not formed at the specific station.

https://youtu.be/AHomCWu2gEI

this is my save:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R4c6FH0W3xMhgMGbx_Tlf76Gs8jtnuIw

Dwachs

will look into this. From the video it seems that the program stopped after the make-public tool worked.

Edit: unfortunately, I do not have those addons. Can you please upload your addons or pakset folder?

Dwachs

Thank you! Lets see whether I can find some spare time this weekend.

prissi

This is a newer version of the Hongkong map. But I could make stops public without a crash. But I suspect that some of the AI player wanted to do something with the station, and was expecting that it belongs to him. Which station did zou change before?

Dwachs

The sequence of make-public clicks crashes for me reliably. The crash is at simhalt.cc, haltestelle_t::rebuild_linked_connections(), the call h->rebuild_connections() fails because h is invalid.

It appears that the last station has still a connection to a previously made public and then destroyed station.

Edit: should be fixed in r8539.