News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bug: Track circuit signal built on diagonal track doesn't work properly

Started by Ranran(retired), July 11, 2018, 10:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Bidirectional track circuit signal built on diagonal track doesn't work properly in half case. (´・ω・`)
I made a small saved game for testing, please check it out.

On the west side there is a track on which signals are build on a diagonal track and this is Line #1.
On the east side there is a track on which all signals are build on straight track and this is Line #2.

I believe all signals on Line #2 are working properly.
However, you can see that the signal of Line #1 works differently than Line #2.
(That saved game is just before the train collides. If you want to check the signal behavior of Line #1, please the locomotive to the depot and run only one locomotive.)

The issue of Line #1 signal is:
(1) Bidirectional signal does not make any directional reservation.
(2) Although all signals in Line #1 are two aspects, some signals reserve more than two blocks like three aspect or four aspects.

As you can see in the saved game, the train may collide in a single track section of Line #1.

Collision is likely to occur in the south of the signalbox. I think that it could not illigally reserve a blank section on the north side.
Although the reservation indication is unnatural in the most part of Line #1, the place where the collision occurs may be quite limited.

Note that there are two positions to place the diagonal signal, but I intentionally built it at where the signal behavior broken. If the signal is built on the other position, it works properly. The difference in position becomes clear by displaying the grid. Rotating the map does not change the behavior of the signal.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to add the saved game link.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I have now pushed what I believe to be a fix for this. The problem was in building the signals, so the fix applies only to newly built signals. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I am sorry to reply late.
I confirmed that bi-directional signal built on diagonal track makes directional reservation properly in currently build.
Thank you for fixing. (´・ω・`)b
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)