The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: The deceleration behavior of the vehicle has been broken  (Read 410 times)

Offline Ranran jp

• Languages: ja
The deceleration behavior of the vehicle has been broken
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »
I noticed that vehicle suddenly stops when it arrives at the stop/station in the current version of Extended. It is different before.
I had some old .exe so I made some confirmation, and I found that this change starts somewhere between June 28(#bf81728) and July 08(#c6654e6).

In version June 28(or older), when vehicle arrives at stop/station it gradually slows down and stops.
In versions after July 8, when train arrives at station it gradually slows down to 30-40 km/h, then stops suddenly after accelerating for a moment. However, if the train stops in front of the signal, it does not do such strange behavior.
Buses and trams stop suddenly without slowing down. I am concerned about the passengers...(´・ω・`)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: The deceleration behavior of the vehicle has been broken
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »
Thank you for your report. You refer to the 28th of June and the 8th of July - do you know on which specific date that this issue first appeared?
Edit I have found the cause and I think that I have fixed this, although it is possible that this reverts a fix for a crash, although I have not been able to reproduce the crash.
In any event, I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:33:49 AM by jamespetts »

Offline Ranran jp

• Languages: ja
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »
I confirmed today's nightly build(#8d5c4f8).
Vehicle acts slowing down and stop as before and this crash does not occur.
It was fixed. Thank you. (´・ω・`)b

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
Excellent - thank you for confirming.