News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

The deceleration behavior of the vehicle has been broken

Started by Ranran(retired), July 18, 2018, 09:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I noticed that vehicle suddenly stops when it arrives at the stop/station in the current version of Extended. It is different before.
I had some old .exe so I made some confirmation, and I found that this change starts somewhere between June 28(#bf81728) and July 08(#c6654e6).

In version June 28(or older), when vehicle arrives at stop/station it gradually slows down and stops.
In versions after July 8, when train arrives at station it gradually slows down to 30-40 km/h, then stops suddenly after accelerating for a moment. However, if the train stops in front of the signal, it does not do such strange behavior.
Buses and trams stop suddenly without slowing down. I am concerned about the passengers...(´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. You refer to the 28th of June and the 8th of July - do you know on which specific date that this issue first appeared?
Edit I have found the cause and I think that I have fixed this, although it is possible that this reverts a fix for a crash, although I have not been able to reproduce the crash.
In any event, I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed today's nightly build(#8d5c4f8).
Vehicle acts slowing down and stop as before and this crash does not occur.
It was fixed. Thank you. (´・ω・`)b
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.