News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

why bankrupt in Simutrans-Extended

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, July 25, 2018, 03:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

Hi Community:

I recently played Simutrans-Extended and i got bankrupt 3 times. What i need to do to dont follow in the bankrupt again??. For example if i want to start with pax-horses in 1750 (British Pak)

Srry for the english
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

DrSuperGood

Set up a line between 2 towns preferably using an existing public way. Make sure the coaches can reach full speed. If the coaches are operating mostly empty consider lowering the passenger class of all coaches to encourage more traffic. Make sure the service is regular using the time tabling feature. Add/remove coaches such that the service interval is anywhere between 50 minutes and 20 minutes depending on traffic. Connect more cities like this using the same line, after about 5 or 7 cities traffic should be pretty decent.

ROCAMBOLER529

Thanks, with the local cities its the same or isnt necesary?? I tried it with goods but also got bankrupt
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

DrSuperGood

Goods seem practically impossible at the moment. As far as I am aware this will not change any time soon.

Focus on passengers. Once you are making steady income with passengers start adding mail. Passengers always make money if one is smart with the lines. Mail only starts to make money once the mail network reaches a large enough size but after that it starts to make a huge amount of money. Many of the costs of running stuff is purposely kept small so that making profit with passengers is easy.

accord2

I'm currently playing a game started in 1750 and I feel it's a bit too hard. One of my companies already got bankrupt. I feel the problem is monthly maintenance that is too high. For example I have several ship lines carrying fish, mail and passengers (medium to high) profiting between 800 to 1000£ and several bus lines medium to high and by the end of month the profit is very small or negative. The solution found is that everything even bus stops and ports to be owned by the state (public player). The first company, even with this, still got into debt because of low profit.

The second company is a bit more successful but I have far less horse cars and ships. But with this I have less time interval.

A solution a bit cheaty I found by highly realistic is to place a market or shops in every major town, simulating real life. This makes the production rise and more goods traffic. But in early and mid games, factories can't be outside town or far away of transport hubs, or it will have no employees, wich i find really annoying.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

DrSuperGood

As I mentioned, you will need to lower passenger classes to raise passenger traffic. Running a boat full of very low passengers will earn more than the same boat with just 1-2 very high passengers.

accord2

Quote from: DrSuperGood on July 26, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
As I mentioned, you will need to lower messenger classes to raise passenger traffic. Running a boat full of very low passengers will earn more than the same boat with just 1-2 very high passengers.
I did this and vehicle maintenance per month was much higher than income, even with profitable lines.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

DrSuperGood

Also only 1 stop per city is recommended early on. Stage coaches have 10 minute odd loading times so any more than 1 stop per city will really lower the line average speed and discourage passengers. Connect 5+ cities with regular 30-45 minute services and I would imagine one turning a profit.