News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[Bug] Cannot build track after deleting signalbox

Started by Phystam, August 03, 2018, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Hello, James!
We are playing on network game on my server. I reports a bug on this thread.
I found an issue as titled. I will show how to produce this bug.

1. Build track.

2. Build signalbox next to curve point

3. Try to remove signalbox...

But cannot delete fully...

4. Try to remove remained signalbox...

After that I cannot build track on deleted signalbox.
---
EDIT:
It looks that the remained signalbox reserves its field forever, no matter it was deleted.
So, I couldn't any other buildings on the field.
When multi-tile signalboxes are build, bauer should check whether there is something.

Junna

Would be useful if it was possible to select the orientation of the signal box like it is with the station buildings.

The only way to clear the second tile, is to build a regular signal box on the tile and demolish it, iirc.

Vladki

I think that similar issue with Multi tile signalboxes have already been reported, but never solved.

IIRC, there is also a problem with rotating the map and signal counter. Two rotations have separate counter as the other two.

Phystam

Even if we cannot build a signalbox at the user-specified rotation, the signalbox should check that the second tile is clear or not...

jamespetts

I think that I have now managed to fix the issue in which a signalbox could be built over a way or other object - I should be grateful if anyone could re-test this with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.