News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Why is it that towns/cities cant be spawned on pak.ngb when using heightmaps

Started by fam621, August 05, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James/Carl, I would like to know why is it that towns/cities cant be spawned on pak.ngb when using heightmaps?

jamespetts

I have not used this pakset, so I do not know how it is configured. I believe that it is intended to be used mainly with sandbox games in which everything is constructed manually rather than for economic play - whether some configuration settings intended for this use have caused problems in spawning towns I do not know.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Quote from: Carl on August 12, 2018, 04:07:18 PM
Ok, I think I understand. Pak.ngb isn't a maintained pakset (but rather just  the means to run a particular map), so I can't really bugfix its interaction with Extended - also, it hasn't been used with Extended at all so there are bound to be some errors. You could ask someone who knows about Extended what the cause might be, though again they may be reluctant to bugfix an interaction with a pakset not designed for Extended.

Also, I'm out of the country for 4 of the next 5 weeks, so it'll be a while till I can load up Simutrans at all :)

James, this may be the cause for towns not being spawned when using the pak.ngb pakset whilst using Extended.