News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Simutrans object file

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, August 15, 2018, 11:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

Hi community:

Is posible to change the codes of an object in Simutrans?? I wanna change some objects like the post man in Pak128 Britain-Exp or  remove somethings of the Simutrans Experimental or Standart that (for me) arent necesaries
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

jamespetts

This is possible, as the pakset in question is open source. You will need to obtain the source code for the pakset here, make the modifications that you wish to the .dat files, and then recompile it using Makeobj (the easiest way of doing which is to use the Python script Makeall.mos if you are using Windows, or the makefile if you are using Linux).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Leartin

If the goal is to remove something the source code is not required, as it is possible to just delete the pak file containing the object in question. If it's in a file containing several objects, makeobj can be used to seperate them first.

DrSuperGood

Pak128 Britain Exp has most objects in separate pak files. Delete the ones you do not want or add/replace new ones you want.

Be aware that to play online with other players everyone must have the same pak files. Also if you are using my Java auto update tool to play nightly experimental builds then it may restore files you delete/change if those files are changed in the nightly.