News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Every time you delete a town, the game crashes

Started by fam621, August 16, 2018, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James. Every time you delete a town on this gamesave and you delete either a signalling centre or a station building (which was in the town deleted), the game crashes. Could you look into this for me please?

Save: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/UK2018-2.sve

jamespetts

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this. Can I check whether you are using the latest version (i.e. downloaded on the same day as the bug report was posted) and which specific town that you are trying to delete?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

A number of towns were been deleted for rebuilding and when like I delete a station building (at Ardley for example) or a signalling centre building. The game crashes.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: I think that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could check with to-morrow's nightly build and report whether the problem has been resolved.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ACarlotti

James: In your fix you remove the test for "if(!welt->is_destroying())" - why? As I understand it, this test is intended to speed up unloading maps (either on exit or on loading a new map), and I currently see no reason for it to have been removed.

jamespetts

This was removed because it duplicated an identical test a few lines up.

ACarlotti

Oh, yes. I really should have checked the original file before writing that post, rather than just looking at the diff while waiting for a flight.

jamespetts

Quote from: ACarlotti on August 18, 2018, 09:27:40 PM
Oh, yes. I really should have checked the original file before writing that post, rather than just looking at the diff while waiting for a flight.

Don't worry - that's dedication! I hope that you had a good flight.