News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Passengers wait at a stop for services for which their wealth level is too low

Started by Jando, March 18, 2019, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on March 12, 2019, 01:30:27 AMNow that I think about it, I recall that there was a bug report with a good reproduction case of this sort earlier this year, and I fixed the bug underlying it (which was caused by returning passengers erroneously reverting to the very low class rather than retaining their originally assigned class). Can you confirm that the behaviour that you describe has now been fixed? If not, I should be grateful for a reliable reproduction case so that I can investigate further.

Behaviour not fixed, sorry. :)

Very low class passengers (that travel on foot) can still overcrowd a stop that has no service for very low class passengers, here is a screenshot of it from a current map of mine with today's latest binary:

Saved game here, valid for 60 days: https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/AA_Test.sve

All passenger services on that map have been set to default classes, carrying classes as set in the default vehicle specification, no service for very low class passengers on that entire map. Just fast forward the saved game and sooner or later you'll see a stop in the stop list go orange.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report: I have split this from the general discussion about server features, moved it to the development board and given it a bug report icon to keep track of it. I will look into this when I have a chance.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I believe that I have now managed to fix this: the problem was caused by passengers not recognising when a route was a walking route between two stations and would instead wait for public transport. The fix will not immediately clear passengers of the wrong class from the stations, but they will eventually disperse and no furhter incorrectly classed passengers should accumulate.

Thank you for your report: I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando