News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Old Passenger coaches

Started by vilvoh, April 03, 2009, 03:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Another request that will be filled.... ;D...The original post is here. I'll make some old coaches, with long and short versions. The first one is called Kinkade.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

colonyan

I will have fun with that. They are cute ^_^
They have pink and yellow accents on their sides.
Thanks.

vilvoh

I'm finishing several color versions of kinkade coach, and I'll also make this set of 12 mid-west long coaches.

vilvoh

Blue and yellow versions of kinkade coach finished.

vilvoh

The set of 12 Mid-west coaches is ready for downloading. From 1940 to 2010.

wlindley

Oooo.... Smooth!  *cheers*

Only one nitpick.  The "MWL Amtrak Coach" shows an introductory date of 1940 and withdrawal in 1960, but Amtrak didn't come into existence until April 1971...

And between the two sets there is a definite gap in the 1920s-1930s era... meanwhile:

The first coast-to-coast streamlined train in the USA was in 1934, so perhaps that's a more typical introduction date for a renamed version of that "Amtrak" coach?  see http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/r028.html

vilvoh

You're right. In fact I noticed it, but as the coaches we're sorted alphabetically in the dat file, Amtrack was the first one on the list. I put real names mainly because I used real color schemes, but I really didn't want to be strictly realistic.

Quote from: wlindley on April 07, 2009, 11:10:28 PM
And between the two sets there is a definite gap in the 1920s-1930s era... meanwhile:

That's the next gap I'll try to fill.

BTW, I take note of those interesting trains from the link... ;D

wlindley

Quote from: vilvoh on April 08, 2009, 07:12:39 AM
real names ... real color schemes, but I really didn't want to be strictly realistic.

Ah, ... you might consider, especially for the early streamliners, using the manufacturer names (Budd, Pullman, Baldwin) where appropriate. In other cases yes it was the railroads themselves (Union Pacific's M-10000 , Boston & Maine's "Flying Yankee") who custom-build trains.

Probably the best all-round list for prototypes and names is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Streamliners