News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

City boundaries overlap one another

Started by fam621, September 02, 2019, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Quote from: tubanonymous on December 24, 2018, 03:49:00 AM
What hes saying is that under the special tools of the public player, you can change the climate of a tile or several tiles by "building" on them with the climate tool. He is saying he wants a function using the same type of interface, that will change the city limits of a town. Personally, I think it sounds like a nice feature but its very low on the list of things I would wish to see in simutrans, and it caters to a sort of top-down approach to maximizing the passenger density of every tile in a city.

Hi, I have spoken about this before on another topic and I feel that this should be made aware of again. When I build towns/cities, I often close the game and then reopen it and then I find out that a certain part of a town/city is instead part of another town/city and below is a picture of this issue and you may note how many overlaps appear (particularly in large cities (i.e. Durcaster))

jamespetts

The long-term solution to this is a fundamental change in the way that cities work. That is a planned major project, but it is likely to be a considerable time before this is done unless somebody would like to volunteer to work on this major project sooner than this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.